Nutritional consultation services are offered to families living locally in the Lower Mainland / Fraser Valley area or long distance by phone.
What does a Nutritional Consultation Include?
- One hour with a nutritionist who understands the nutritional science behind common childhood disorders and ailments
- A comprehensive review of your child’s developmental history, including health issues and current diet
- An in-depth assessment of your child’s signs & symptoms, including behaviors and how these may relate to common nutrient deficiencies
- Up to date information pertaining to strategic foods, special diets, and key nutrients - how they will benefit your child and why
- Customized dietary recommendations specific to your child that are simple to understand and easy to follow
- Detailed nutrient recommendations that support the health goals you have for your child
- Simple, yet important, lifestyle recommendations that help facilitate health and wellness in all children
- Additional information and key resources that complement your child’s individualized nutritional program
Follow-up 30 Minute Consultations:
Follow up consultations are typically booked 6 weeks following the initial consult and then on an as needed basis. These ½ hr. consultations are scheduled to assess how your child is progressing. During this time we will review your goals and set new ones if needed. Together, we will discuss the nutritional plan, identify areas that require more support, and make any changes if necessary. Again, you will leave with an updated nutritional plan for your child that is clear, straightforward and easy to implement.
To Book a Nutritional Consultation:
Please call or e-mail if you wish to book a nutritional consultation. Intake forms can be downloaded here. Once completed, you may scan and e-mail them to the address below. These forms will be reviewed prior to your consultation, therefore please fill them out as completely as possible. Once the forms have been received, I will contact you to book an appointment.
Some extended health care plans will cover the cost of a nutritionist, however, it is recommended that you check with your plan provider first.
For any questions, please call Kerri Schmidt @ 778-241-1951
or email TheStartingPoint@shaw.ca
Focusing on Nutrition for Autism and ADHD